The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 33 - File: global.php(961) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(961) : eval()'d code 33 errorHandler->error
/global.php 961 eval
/showthread.php 28 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadviews_countguests" - Line: 742 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 742 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "allowautourl" - Line: 560 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 560 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 810 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1117 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "allowautourl" - Line: 560 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$thread_modes - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1612) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1612) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1612 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Welcome to the new site, where learning is open and supportive
Welcome, 

We are glad you are here! If  anyone would like to help, Here is a good place to start. 

Let us know what you like to do.

Introduce yourself. If you have been around for a while, welcome to the new site. If you are new, things are just beginning again.

KANTOQUAD
(04-13-2017, 07:33 AM)Kantoquad Wrote: Please introduce ad states availability if any, include experience and what is you would like to do (including learning)

I am a nurse who has a sick wife and autistic child, but I love to learn and plan on doing that I will go where needed and learn what i can

KaNTOQUAD

Hello all,
my knowledge of building a distro is pretty limited.  But I am willing to learn and contribute.  I have been using all sorts of linux distros for about a decade now, but I have never really taken the time to really dig in and learn the nitty gritty.
Maybe this will be a good chance now.

Pinguy is great, I would be very happy to see it back in some form again!

Lets see what we can do
(04-13-2017, 07:01 PM)Roadkill409 Wrote:
(04-13-2017, 07:33 AM)Kantoquad Wrote: Building a distro is a bit different than a fork/remaster.

Try LFS to find out what is involved in building a distro from scratch.
After 2 or 3 days you will have a linux system that will boot to a shell.

Pinguy was basically a fork of Ubuntu which is a fork of Debian.

IWOS will initially be a fork of Pinguy but eventually a bottom up build.
The first release will be a remaster of the latest version of Pinguy.

The next will be more of a stand alone version with the best of other OS releases included.

Then there is the kernel build which is also different. Takes a day or 2 to get that right.

Soooo - there is considerable work no mater which path you take.

Larry
Hello all,
my knowledge of building a distro is pretty limited.  But I am willing to learn and contribute.  I have been using all sorts of linux distros for about a decade now, but I have never really taken the time to really dig in and learn the nitty gritty.

Lets see what we can do
(04-13-2017, 08:14 PM)Larry Wrote:
(04-13-2017, 07:01 PM)Roadkill409 Wrote:
(04-13-2017, 07:33 AM)Kantoquad Wrote: Building a distro is a bit different than a fork/remaster.

Try LFS to find out what is involved in building a distro from scratch.
After 2 or 3 days you will have a linux system that will boot to a shell.

Pinguy was basically a fork of Ubuntu which is a fork of Debian.

IWOS will initially be a fork of Pinguy but eventually a bottom up build.
The first release will be a remaster of the latest version of Pinguy.

The next will be more of a stand alone version with the best of other OS releases included.

Then there is the kernel build which is also different. Takes a day or 2 to get that right.

Soooo - there is considerable work no mater which path you take.

Larry
Hello all,

Lets see what we can do
Thanks, I built  two, in 2010 from the Ubuntu minimal, one with Xfce and one with Lxde.  Nothing to write home about, but learned a lot.  They worked, but lets say, no one would want them. LOL
Hi there,

I am LNT (over from Pinguy Form) - too bad that Pinguy OS is pretty much gone. But I will watch this space for the things to come.
As far as knowledge and time goes - I believe I am of very little actual help - I am afraid.

Thanks,
LNT

..one question - what is IWLINUX or IW OS about !?
..where does the name come from?

LNT
[quote pid='5' dateline='1492251509']

..one question - what is IWLINUX or IW OS about !?
..where does the name come from?

LNT
[/quote]

Years back I bought IonicWind Software - ie IW
IWLinux was built because I hate windoz and needed a place
to do compiler development.
IWOS is just the future PinguyOS

Larry
(04-13-2017, 07:33 AM)So glad Pinguy OS is being continued in a new form. I used Linux Mint and Ubuntu for years, along with a Red Hat variant Mageia ( which does work well ).However, I stumbled on Pinguy, and for some reason everything I run, even Windows programs all work in it. There are some glitches, but minor ones.  I was really happy with it, but then when I saw it was possibly going to be killed I was stunned. I am so pleased you guys have taken up the torch.I went to Gnome Ubuntu thinking it was dead, but still have been running my entire desktop machine with Pinguy and Gnome Ubuntu in dual boot.( Laptops are a Windows and a Chromebook. )  Thanks for your efforts ahead of time. Patrick ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Kantoquad Wrote: Welcome, 

We are glad you are here! If  anyone would like to help, Here is a good place to start. 

Let us know what you like to do.

Introduce yourself. If you have been around for a while, welcome to the new site. If you are new, things are just beginning again.

KANTOQUAD
Hello everyone,
My name is Lynx and I am Ubuntu / Linux Mint user for 5 years and Pinguy OS for 1 year.
I'm learning Linux, so I'm here to try to learn and help the new distro.

Thank you.
(05-09-2017, 01:14 PM)lynx Wrote: Hello everyone,
My name is Lynx and I am Ubuntu / Linux Mint user for 5 years and Pinguy OS for 1 year.
I'm learning Linux, so I'm here to try to learn and help the new distro.

Thank you.

Welcome, learning is fun, when you are interested at least ( I am talking to you Calculus, you were the exception)
Hello - ScannerDrome is the name - Loved Pinguy Os - And hope that you guys will be able to keep the Core Idea behind Pinguy Os alive - Although Im sure this project will grow into its own identity over time.

Im willing to help out when i can if someone will teach me a grunt task to do - and Im sure there has to be some grunt work Smile

Just throwing out some thoughts and questions
So how many developers do we have so far?
I think Larry is the head guy right?
has anyone made a Grunt list?
has anyone made up a sort of rough draft road map?
What is the over all condition of the Project as it stands now?
is there any sort of Meeting day? or Discussion day? Planed for the future on the forum